The Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber is pleased to announce the launch of leadervalley.org. This new resource features the Leader in Me initiative that is transforming leadership cultures in Cedar Valley schools.
Developing Cedar Valley Leaders of Tomorrow...Today!
The Leader Valley Talent Initiative is an effort to make the Cedar Valley a better place for students to excel and become well prepared for citizenship and their future careers. We feel this is achieved through high levels of community collaboration. Through Leader Valley, strong partnerships amongst Cedar Valley businesses, school district administrators and school boards, parents, and the community are being built.
- To make the Cedar Valley the best place for families to raise their children and for our children to excel.
- To assist educators in developing the essential life skills and characteristics to better motivate students to thrive in the 21st century.
The Leader In Me is a initiative offered through Leader Valley which incorporates leadership lessons into Cedar Valley school’s curriculum and everyday language. With reference to Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, this initiative teaches students about life skills, self-confidence, and accountability and also engages parents in the lessons.
Leader in Me Promotional Video
Click here to watch the video to learn more about Leader in Me and the initiative's impact on our students and community.
To train school level educational staff on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and have them embed those habits into their school culture and classroom lessons so the student learns life lessons of the 7 habits at the same time as learning the normal school curriculum.
- Teaches educators and students timeless principles that transcend social-economic groups, race and religion so they have the life skills and self-confidence to succeed as leaders in the 21st century. (the missing link)
- Re-energizes teachers by integrating 7 Habits principles into the daily curriculum
- Raises levels of accountability and engagement among staff, parents as well as the students.
- Improves academic achievement scores.
- Decreases discipline referrals.
- Facilitate strong working partnerships between Cedar Valley business, our educators within each school district, parents and students in the communities Leader Valley is organized.
The findings of this Impact Report reflect typical results reported in Leader in Me schools with regard to the acquisition and application of essential soft skills, improvements within the school culture of Leader in Me buildings, and academics.
View the Rally in the Valley video here.
Click here to view the 2014-2015 Leader Valley Task Force.
The Leader in Me® Symposium
April 22–24, 2015
Each year pioneering educators from across North America have the unique opportunity to gather at The Leader in Me Symposium Series to connect as a community of innovators, celebrate the advancements schools are making using The Leader in Me, and create new paths that will bring leadership and 21st-century skills to life for students.
To learn more, visit www.leaderinme.org/symposium. Registration opens September 2014. Or contact Melissa Reade, Leader Valley Director for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To view the event flyer, click here.
|Cedar Falls Schools||
|Cedar Valley Catholic||
Dr. Walter Cunningham
|Blessed Maria Middle School||NEW St. Paul's Lutheran School|
|North Cedar Elementary||Fred Becker Elementary||St. Edwards Elementary|
|Orchard Hill Elementary||Orange Elementary|
|Southdale Elementary||Hoover Middle School|
|NEW Kingsley Elementary|
|NEW Lou Henry|
Leadership Event Opportunities
Leader in Me™ Symposium
Student Leaders in Action
Blessed Maria Middle School
Fred Becker Elementary
George Washington Carver Academy
Hoover Middle School
- Orange Elementary: A Blue Zones School
- Leader in Me webpage
- Leader in Me song (video)
- Leadership Night (video)
- Kid Congress Teaches the World to Listen
- 4/11/14, The Courier, UNI Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Student Association hosts luncheon Friday
- 1/30/14, The Courier, Leader in Me expanding in Cedar Valley schools
- 1/25/14, The Courier, School partners with business to recycle, provide student leadership opportunities
- 1/14/14, KXEL, radio interview with Dustin Odham of Franklin Covey
- 10/14/13, The Courier, Cancer diagnosis spurs students' service project
- 09/06/13, The Courier, Boys honored for heroism in dog attack
- 08/25/13, The Courier, Leader in Me Program Expands in Cedar Falls
- 08/16/13, The Courier, Business, education communities welcome new teachers in Waterloo
- 08/15/13, KWWL, Two Waterloo schools get donation for leadership program
- 08/15/13, video, Waterloo New Teachers Breakfast student speech: Sabur Muhammad
- 08/15/13, video, Waterloo New Teachers Breakfast student speech: Taj Shavers
- 08/15/13, video, Waterloo New Teachers Breakfast student speech: Ben Billerbeck
- 08/14/13, The Courier, Waterloo schools get $105,000 for Leader in Me program
- 08/12/13, Credit Union Times, CUNA Mutual Group, Veridian CU Support Program in Iowa Schools
- 08/12/13, Cedar Falls Times, Welcome, new C.F. teachers
- 08/11/13, The Courier, New Cedar Falls teachers welcomed at breakfast
- 08/09/13, video, Cedar Falls New Teachers Breakfast student speech: Mallorie Sckerl
- Partners in Education 4/28/13 edition
- 04/21/13, The Courier, Learning to Lead: Business, schools develop Leader Valley initiative
- 04/21/13, The Courier, Leader Valley Counsel an education/business partnership initiative
Current Leader in Me Schools (implementing or committed)
Current Leader Valley Districts/Systems
Current Higher Ed Institutions Partnering - UNI/HCC
7 Habits Workshops offered by UNI/HCC
Current UNI/HCC Student Teachers Trained
Current Leader Valley K-12 students Impacted
Current Leader Valley K-12 Educators Impacted
Target School Year for all 36 Cedar Valley Schools and 10+ Rural Schools Implementing
Projected Leader Valley Students Impacted by 2019-2020 and Beyond
Projected Leader Valley Teachers Impacted by 2019-2020 and Beyond
Leader in Me website: http://www.theleaderinme.org
Leader in Me overview (PDF)