Cedar Valley, Iowa Region – Laborshed
289,873 total potential labor force
- 77.5% are employed
- 9.2% unemployed
- 6.1% homemakers
- 7.2% retired
- 5.2% of the labor force is underemployed with 5.5% citing inadequate hours and mismatch of skills.
- 33.3% of the labor force works in professional, technology and paraprofessional occupations.
- 22.2% of the labor force works in production, material handling and construction trades.
- Labor Force will commute 25 miles one way for employment opportunities.
Below are industry specific laborsheds that include available labor force characteristics & wage rates:
- Advanced Manufacturing PDF
- Food Processing PDF
- Information Technology PDF
- Biofuels PDF
- Wind Component Manufacturing PDF
- Logistics PDF
Additional laborshed data and wage rates figures are available and customizable under Statistics.
Source: Iowa Department of Workforce Development - 2011
The laborshed analysis helps expanding businesses to understand in detail the availability and characteristics of the Cedar Valley of IA region's labor force.