The Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber is a private, non-profit corporation representing and advocating for the interests of business, industry and institutions operating in the Cedar Valley. The Alliance & Chamber was created to coordinate the resources allocated to economic development in the Cedar Valley, and provide a platform for shared services wherever possible. Alliance & Chamber programming includes Business Growth and Recruitment, Workforce & Talent Recruitment and Development, Downtowns, Districts, Tourism, and Chamber. This work is coordinated through more than ten organizations, and in partnership with many other organizations whose purpose is to encourage economic growth in the Cedar Valley of Iowa.
The Alliance & Chamber also focuses on competitiveness issues, such as the business climate – legislative and regulatory, infrastructure and services - and the image and perception of the Cedar Valley among influencers and businesses.
The strategic goals of the Alliance & Chamber are to:
1) Develop and strengthen a technology and innovation based regional economy
2) Act as a recognized catalyst and focal point of effect regional action on economic and community issues of importance to the Cedar Valley.
3) Increase the effectiveness and impact of Alliance organizations.
Our Top Priorities
- Create a positive business climate that encourages profitable growth of business and major institutions.
- Encourage business growth through sustainable basic, technical and professional operations.
- Ensure economic base and climate. Support the expansion of strategically important businesses and institutions.
- Sustain and strengthen the retail and service sector.
- Develop, retain and attract talented people.
- Lead initiatives to establish a distinctive lifelong learning experience in the Cedar Valley, including the nation’s premier K-12 R&D facility, becoming a strong attraction to talented people and technology based employment.
- Enhance the quality of life by developing economic and community attributes that makes the Cedar Valley an inviting place to enjoy life, enhance a career, operate a business and retire.
- Strengthen collaboration among Alliance & Chamber organizations toward increased effectiveness through joint action and efficiency and through alignment of resources, merging entities if appropriate, to increase investor value, and provide leadership to local governments and other non profits.
- Articulate and implement a Cedar Valley vision for a competitive economic region.
- Strive for operational excellence in the Alliance in order to maintain a reliable, reputable platform for effective professional and volunteer action in the economy and region.
The Greater Cedar Valley Alliance & Chamber is a regional economic and community development corporation working to increase wealth and economic vitality in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls metro and Cedar Valley region.